Apple Garden Threads

Threads and life.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Home Again.

First morning home after weekend in Melbourne with family. It's always great to spend time with them, but it takes a little time to re-orient myself when home. First thing is to check out what my husband has been doing in the house - it was built in 1927, as far as we can determine, and we are still working on it. Latest addition is a mixer tap for the recently installed double sink - like hot socks, it's ''sheer luxury''. (Does anyone else remember Steptoe and Son?)

On that note, one of the benefits of memory malfunction (due to the effects of aging) is that you can read a mystery novel again, having totally forgotten ''who did it''. I was recently introduced to the Cadfael books - mysteries set in 12 century Britain - and love them, but was feeling sad in anticipation of finishing them all - now I don't have to worry, I can look forward to reading them over and over!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger dianemulholland said…

    You promised to post your book survey - I will check tomorrow.

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Spinningsue said…

    I'm a huge Cadfael fan! I've read them so many times I know them by heart. I've just finished reading Brother CAdfael's Penance... again... and I still sobbed when Robert of Gloucester and his son, Philip, are reconciled! Me = wimp!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home