Apple Garden Threads

Threads and life.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Representative Book List:

In response to the list posted on Needles on the Move:

1. One book that changed your life:
Personal Peace and Power by Gordon Powell.
2. One book that you've read more than once:
There are dozens in this category: I read Gone With the Wind seven times while I was still a teenager!
The others I’ve lost count of.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
The Bible – I’ve only read it in sections, but one day I’m going to read it from Genesis to Revelations.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss – I read it to my oldest son when he was little and
we rolled around the floor laughing.
5. One book that made you cry:
Seven Little Australians – when Judy died. And Anna Karenina – her lover got a raw deal,
but I pitied the train driver more.
6. One book you wish you had written:
Women’s Work – the first 20,000 years – a wonderful record of ‘women, cloth and society in early times’ by Elizabeth Wayland Barber.
7. One book you wish had never been written:
Tomorrow when the War Began, and the rest of the series. There is enough violence and death in the world without portraying teenagers adding to it, in books written for teenagers to read.
8. One book you're currently reading:
Only one?..............Beyond Organics by Helen Cushing, very slow going as the green ink is hard to distinguish from the unbleached paper – all very sustainable but hard on the eyes.
9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Simply Christianity – Beyond Religion. I borrowed it from my daughter-in-law 2 years ago, and I want to compare it to the books of C S Lewis, such as Mere Christianity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home