Apple Garden Threads

Threads and life.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Poem I'll Try To Live Down.

Today has been a shining day –
Peach blossoms gleam against the sky,
The warmth of spring in the shining sun,
Above soft clouds are riding high.

I should have done the washing,
I should have washed the floors.
The bathroom looks neglected,
There are smudges on the doors.

But the garden softly called me out
And the beds were left unmade.
The dishes still upon the sink,
Oh, well, I grabbed my spade.

Now the soil has been dug over,
For raspberries soon to grow,
Guinea pigs are stuffed with grass
That it’s their job to mow.

I found the grapes in midst of this,
And chives – just coming forth,
The parsley looks much taller now,
Surrounded by bare earth.

It’s darkened now and I‘m inside,
My tea is on the fire.
Oh for the good old days of yore
When I didn’t so quickly tire!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger dianemulholland said…

    That's great :-) my garden's calling too but I'm blocking my ears!

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    That doesn't do any good - the insistent call of rampant nature is not an audible one (except when a branch is hitting the house in a high wind).
    I did half the research for my assignment on the pests, diseases and weeds aflicting apple trees today - and wonder why I even try to grow them!

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger Auntie Noo said…

    Just popped over from Diane's Blog - met her on the Angel Yarns Forum! That poem was written for me!!!!!! Housework is always left for going outside - gardening or walking the dog - anything really!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home